- Acquires discontinued portfolios to which we ensure security, finality, and reputation for sellers.
- Engages in alternative deal structures that include both stand-alone entities, as well as companies with ongoing premiums that may be transferred to affiliates.
- Seeks to acquire loss portfolio transfers focused on specific classes, portfolios, or years of account, including limited reinsurance and RITC transactions within Lloyd’s.
- Transfers claims control directly to RiverStone using a wide variety of insurance and reinsurance solutions.
- Retains a highly skilled and dedicated workforce to analyze and engage opportunities in this dynamic, complex, and fast-moving marketplace.
- Sets no short-term targets or goals for acquisition transactions, which allows us to remain smartly opportunistic and adaptive to market trends and sellers’ needs.
- We offer Sellers broad capacity and options for deals of various sizes and scope.
- We are known as specialists among our peers in certain areas and are capable in many… and will tell you if not.
- We have established and highly functional relationships with regulators.
- We are the only Lloyd’s Managing Agency specialising exclusively in run-off.
- Our due diligence establishes the standard of care in run-off.
- We are consistent and reliable in our pricing.
- Several sellers like what we do and come back to us, repeatedly.
*Based on third-party market research commissioned by RiverStone
RiverStone offers sellers a concentration of complex claims management expertise in one place, managed by skilled and tenured professionals who employ ownership, accountability, and commitment to cultivate transactional security and maintain sellers’ reputations.
RiverStone has transacted various types of deals – from insurance and reinsurance run-off portfolio purchases to outright acquisitions. We approach all our deals and stakeholders with the same level of professional integrity, innovation, and scrutiny to maximize the outcomes for sellers (finality, price, and reputation management) and shareholders, alike.
Insurance and Reinsurance Lines of Business that We Cover Include:
Asbestos, Pollution, and Health Hazard
Employers Liability and Public Liability
Personal and Commercial Auto
Marine and Aviation
Successful RiverStone transactions have included active company acquisitions with transfer of renewal rights to affiliates, active company acquisition with termination of policies in force, and inactive company acquisitions. In the UK, we have closed multiple RITC transactions and provided portfolio reinsurance run-off for multiple companies.
In fact, we are constantly “on the move” for our clients. Worldwide, RiverStone manages more than 500 active litigations and arbitrations for seller portfolios, and we have negotiated over 200 commutations of assumed and ceded reinsurance arrangements over the past 20 years.
Over the course of our history, RiverStone has successfully resolved legacy claim and reinsurance issues, as well as contributed to the establishment of industry case law positively affecting our clients.
- Major Toxic Tort actions – Sarabond, Breast Implants, Blood/HIV, Agent Orange, Polybutylene Pipe and numerous other Asbestos and Pollution matters
- Significant Asbestos bankruptcies including Manville, Clemtex, and many others
- Chinese Dry Wall exposure
- Stirling Cooke Brown assumed spiral litigation
- Asbestos allocation issues in Owens Corning case
- Significant arbitrations on retrospective reinsurance, workers’ compensation, and managed care